Minority Students in Veterinary Medicine Scholarship
365 Pet Insurance is proud to announce the Minority Students in Veterinary Medicine Scholarship.
Award amount: $250
Recipient: 1 or more
Deadline: December 31, 2020
The Minority Students in Veterinary Medicine Scholarship is for students currently enrolled in or accepted to a veterinary school in the United States. According to the AAVMC, veterinary medicine, contrary to societal trends, remains one of the least diverse professions in the United States. This scholarship serves to meet the economic needs of minority students to encourage enrollment in veterinary medicine programs.
This scholarship is for Spring 2021 or Fall 2021.
- Students must be of Hispanic, African-American, Native American, Pacific Islander or other minority designation
- Complete the online application at 365petinsurace.com/scholarship
- Submit a one-page resume describing animal welfare related activities
- Provide two letters of reference
- Provide proof of full-time enrollment in a veterinary medicine program
**Please be sure to include ALL requirements in your submission. Incomplete applications cannot be considered.
Submit a 300- to 500-word essay on one of the following topics:
- What Veterinary Medicine Means to You
- The Greatest Challenges Facing Animal Health
- The Role of Nutrition in Animal Health
Please send your completed application packet to jenny @ 365petinsurance.com.